Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My Life is a Downward Spiral

Well, I know it’s been awhile since I’ve last posted. It’s just that I’ve started school and we all know that the beginning of the school term is always busy.

Ben’s been very ill. Mom had to take him to the hospital again. He had been in there so many times. There was once when he was admitted into hospital so they could put in a special equipment to take some of the fluid out of his head. Apparently, it was not possible to take out all of the fluid. He had also been admitted because he gets so sick, so easily. Normally, illnesses such as a cold, that other babies would have recovered from easily, would make Ben suffer a lot and he would take a long time to recover. It frightens me whenever he gets a cold. It’s so hard for him to breathe and my heart breaks when I see him fighting for breath.

Sometimes, I think my family is going to fall apart, if my parents are not careful. To be honest, my family life these past couple of months has been really awful. Recently, mom has been talking on the phone to Aunt Janice and many times, I’ve heard her complaining about Dad. She always stops when she sees me listening.

Ever since Dad got the job that requires him to regularly travel overseas, we haven’t been seeing him at home much. Whenever he comes home now, he’s always so serious. He will never joke around with us like he used to and I blame Mom for it. It’s ALL her fault. Whenever he starts to joke with us, she will look at him angrily and say sarcastic things like,

“No wonder you’re always in a good mood. After all, you’re not the one who has to be stuck at home taking care of a sick kid and with no one to talk to.”

Can you believe that? Poor dad will then stop smiling, and look guilty and irritated. Can you blame him? And I’m so insulted! She said she has no one to talk to. What am I? Am I a Nobody?!?! And I’m irritated by the way she complains to Aunt Janice about Dad. When I grow up, I’m never going to talk bad about people behind their backs. It’s just not right!


Worried and Irritated,
Anna Peacock.

0 comments:

Date and Time


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster